There’s a lot to look forward to this Fashion Week S/S 2017– various fashion houses have recently appointed new designers and some past designers are setting out on their own to create new lines. Here’s a brief roundup of changes that are occurring… and some images of when I’ve worked for these fashion all-stars.
- Hedi Slimane is no longer designing for (Yves) Saint Laurent. Anthony Vaccarello, Italian-Belgian designer, who had previously designed his own line and for Versus Versace, is now the creative director. (Images: Anthony Vaccarello F/W 2011, Versus Versace F/W 2011, video of Armani commercial shot and directed by Hedi Slimane (I was one of those shadow-silhouette’s in the room behind).
- Bouchra Jarrar is replacing beloved Alber Elbaz at Lanvin. (Image: Lanvin Resort 2006).
- Maria Grazia Chiuri, previously co-head designer o Valentino with Pierpaolo Piccioli, is now the first woman to lead the creative team at Dior. (Image: Valentino F/W 2011).
- Olivier Theyskens, former designer of Nina Ricci, Rochas, and Theyskens’ Theory, is creating a namesake label. (Image: Theyskens’ Theory S/S 2012).
- Thakoon Panichgul is back with a new owner, Bright Fame Fashion, and new business strategy, straight to consumer e-commerce and retail store. (Image: Thakoon S/S 2011).
- Calvin Klein this season is having its in-house team design this S/S 2017 collection, which will be small and in-house, because Raf Simons (from Dior) was just recently appointed as creative director. (Image: Calvin Klein Resort 2012).
- Laura Kim and Fernando Garcia were just appointed creative directors of Oscar de la Renta, replacing Peter Copping. This season’s collection will be designed by an in-house team, as the new designers were recently appointed. Image: Oscar de la Renta Resort 2012).